Noun is a word which can function as subject or object of a verb.
- Ano needs some pencils
- Subject predicate object
Countable noun is things that can be counted.
- Example: pencil – pencils.
Uncountable noun is things that can not be counted.
- Example: milk, coffee, salt, rice, money, etc.
Abstract noun is things that have not physical substance.
- Example: education, trust, beauty, health, etc.
Concrete noun is things that have physical substance.
- Example: book, table, etc.
Some is used in positive sentence.
- Example: (+) I have some friends.
Any is used in negative and interogative sentences.
- (-) I don’t have any friends.
- (?) Do you have any friends?
Task: Make 3 sentence using abstract noun!
- Services are activities that a person or group performs for another person or organisation.
- A major goal in functioning of a business company is making a profit.
- Scientists estimate that the average human being uses less than one eight of his brain’s capacity.
- The rapid economic growth achieved in many countries in Asia has not been without cost.
- Business is an increasingly important activity throughout the world today.